[PSUBS-MAILIST] Question

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Jun 7 10:41:32 EDT 2014

Alec,
Thank you for having faith, yes, I was back spacing and lost a zero.  :-)

On Saturday, June 7, 2014 10:33:11 AM, Douglas Suhr via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

Ah, a plausible scenario Alec.

On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 10:15 AM, Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

I suspect Hank just made a typo and dropped one zero, because about $25K for a K250 and $35K for a K350 would be normal prices. Otherwise, I'll be racing you Douglas in offering to buy all Hank's subs!

>Best,
>
>Alec
>

>On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 9:58 AM, Douglas Suhr via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:
>
>Hank, I like you very much and don't want to offend you here, but I must argue your rule of $10 / foot of dive capability. That would make a K-250 $2500 base price and K-350 $3500 base price? That doesn't seem to factor in the labor of hull construction at all. I do understand the point that you and Carsten are making, but I feel this is a classic example of "selling" ourselves short. Even a humble K-boat should be treated as a specialized vessel.
>>

>>Now Lake Diver was listed for a long time at $145,000 which in my opinion was probably asking a bit too much, but when reduced to $45,000 I felt that was fair. Hank, if you have any K-boats that you want off your hands for the price of your rule, please let me know :) ~ Douglas S.
>>

>>On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 8:57 AM, "Carsten Standfuß " <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Scott the asking price for Peppers
just as exsample is just the material cost.

sub
like the blue one Arg.J. Without the engine and lead - I would not spend
more
than 1-2 K USD.
>>>Fact is I would not spend even 1 USD. Its a beautiful
museums
item but not more.

>>>A ocean going full operational Diesel
Electric Psub
without class like Euronaut is something 4-5 Mill USD.
>>>Same with
class -
just double the figure.

>>>A K boat rusty hull - or a rusty propane
tank
sub I would not purchase - its cheaper to build a new hull.

>>>Many
prices
on the market are not realistic. The Seahorse was new some 25 Years ago
5 Mill
USd - and over
>>>20 years for sale for 1,3. Nobody want it. now it is
0,13 and
still nobody want it.. Same with some toursit sub out of class.
>>>This
large
sub - not functional, clss outdated and need a general overhauld are not
more
worth than just the scrapp metal price.

>>>The Mantis is pretty old
and
without class - I would puchase it - but not for 40K as request.
>>>Maybe 5 K is realistic.
>>>
>>>Vance knows the story. Many
years ago I
inspect the Margennaut at Ft. Lauderdale.
>>>Asking price was just 20K
USD not
bad for a 13m - 30 ts sub.
>>>But I calculate tah trasnport, overhaul,
rebuild
to my requirements cos me another 130K.
>>>On that days I decide to
build my
own sub.

>>>A second hand sub makes only sence if it in general
fullfill
your requirements list.

<personal_submersibles at psubs.org> schrieb:
>>>Scott,
struggled with it.
beautifully restored muscle cars for a fraction of the cost to build
one.  PSUB's  also, are a labour of love, a toy, no
different than a boat or a car.
well proven sub did not sell for the asking price and was for sale for a
long time. I think he was asking 45K.  I have no idea what the
status is on it now.  A K350 sold at auction for under 20K If I
recall.  I have my own  formula, for a base price,  10
dollars per foot of dive capability.  I think that number is about
right, for a functioning non certified  PSUB.  I
know some PSUB owners are saying "I would never sell for
that"  but I think that is the reality.  Only the chosen few
make money on a toy :-)

7:07:02 AM, swaters via Personal_Submersibles

I am just curious what does a turn key K-350 and K-250 sell for?
Waters

Cellular© Smartphone