[PSUBS-MAILIST] Minn Kota motors

Mark via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jun 12 22:25:02 EDT 2014

Folks,

I 'm looking to purchase four Minn Kota motors for our 2-man sub (two 55 pound thrust motors, and two twin 80 pound thrust motors).

Can anyone recommend where I could purchase these motors?  I heard that psubs has a buying discount thru a marine distributor.

I'm also planning to purchase the Minn Kota control boxes that go with each motor (I believe the twin 80's only use one shared control box).  Would you recommend using the Minn Kota control boxes, or should I consider a third party controller?

Thanks,

Mark...