[PSUBS-MAILIST] HY-80 steel

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Jun 14 06:19:41 EDT 2014

Scott,
Understood, building from the old K 250 may be easier.  As for your deep sub, Edmonton exchanger can produce very thick sphere's  from 516-70.  I asked them how thick one time.  They replied 5 inches thick, I almost peed my pants,lol.    You could get someone from out west that talks engineer talk to request a quote.
Didn't Sean calculate that you will need 2.25 in thick or something like that.  That would be no problem for EE, and they will weld it up for you, including the CT base.
Hank