[PSUBS-MAILIST] Lithium Sulfur Batteries

Alan James alanlindsayjames at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 1 00:30:25 EST 2014

More battery news.
Researchers have developed a fuel cell that uses sugar, that is 10 x as energy dense
as lithium batteries. So about 40 times as energy dense as lead acid batteries.
They say they may have a product on the market in 3 years.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/175137-sugar-powered-biobattery-has-10-times-the-energy-storage-of-lithium-your-smartphone-might-soon-run-on-enzymes

Meanwhile "Oxi" in the UK say they will have a company manufacturing their lithium sulfur
batteries in the second half of this year. Not sure if this is just the coin sized cells.
Alan