[PSUBS-MAILIST] magnetic coupler

hank pronk hanker_20032000 at yahoo.ca
Tue Mar 4 15:56:25 EST 2014

Vance,
I would have to say there is more than a 10% loss with oil filled motors.  Dr Nuytten told me the mag motors are way more powerful than the oil filled motors.  I can not afford the power loss, or rather the range loss.  maybe when the new sulfur batteries come on stream the mag couplers will make sense.  The cost is about the same for mag couplers  and mechanical seals, so it becomes a choice between range and guaranteed leak free service, if you have an internal motor.
Hank