[PSUBS-MAILIST] venting batteries

hank pronk hanker_20032000 at yahoo.ca
Tue Mar 11 08:43:51 EDT 2014

Steve,
I am thinking interior of the hull.  Gamma has interior batteries sealed in a box.  There is an air system to purge the box after charging.  When I was reading the daily service reports, I read about an instance where the box had an explosion due to a faulty cable connection.  I was thinking of going one step further and drilling in vent tubes in the sealed caps to carry the hydrogen away.  I am not sure if this is a good idea or not, seems simple and effective.
Hank