[PSUBS-MAILIST] Swagelock needle valve

swaters swaters at waters-ks.com
Sun Mar 23 09:22:07 EDT 2014

Ok. I think I am going to order a extra valve. Do you remember the swagelock number for that valve?
Thanks,
Scott Waters

Sent from my U.S. Cellular© SmartphonePrivate <alecsmyth at gmail.com> wrote:Hi Scott,

My valve issue was entirely sloppiness. I had added a port to the little HP manifold, and didn't clean the inside of the manifold properly after cutting the thread on that extra port. Metal chips got into the valves and interfered with proper seating. Two of the valves I was able to clean, but one I think got its seat damaged because I was just never able to make a good seal on it again. I currently have the manifold out of the sub for cleaning, and got a replacement valve on eBay.

I would suggest taking the problem valve apart to see whether something has got in there. What you say about storing them open makes sense, and I'll do that in the future, but I haven't yet had a valve issue after winter storage. I have had issues with the electricals. Last winter a speed controller blew after it's first minute or so of spring running, and this year I had one that wouldn't work at all for the first few minutes but has acted normally once it came on. Maybe the cold made some relays "sticky" to begin with.

We must be doing very similar things on our boats right now!

Best,

Alec