[PSUBS-MAILIST] Swagelock needle valve

Sean T. Stevenson cast55 at telus.net
Sun Mar 23 11:49:42 EDT 2014

This also serves as a good reminder to flush all valve / piping
components, and newly assembled systems with everything fully open,
before placing in service in order to eliminate any particles that could
cause damage, and to employ filters upstream of sensitive valves.  I
typically use a 40 micron filter between the gas supply (or point
subject to frequent connection / disconnection) and any sensitive valves
in any system where doing so is not prohibited by flow rate requirements.

Sean