[PSUBS-MAILIST] root pass

Daniel Lance via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon May 5 05:22:09 EDT 2014

Brian,
7010 is a good choice  if you choose to do a smaw (stick ) root pass . I
would refrain from using 6010 because of its lower tensile strength
especially if  you are welding 516 gr 70. Have you considered TIG welding
your root passes ? 70s filler wire would be best in that case.
Dan Lance
On May 4, 2014 1:35 AM, "Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles" <