[PSUBS-MAILIST] German mini sub

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed May 7 14:41:18 EDT 2014

Historically I also find it also somewhat surprising (I'm originally from
Argentina). The Argentine army was based on the German army, with similar
uniforms, Mauser rifles, etc. But the Argentine navy was based on the Royal
Navy and typically had equipment of UK or US origin. The year 1940 would be
sort of a tough one to send anything military from Germany to Argentina. I
also wonder if this was really a navy boat at all, what its mission might
have been - it does not appear to be any more threatening than a K-250,
which is to say not a danger to anything whatsoever. Given Carsten's
comprehensive records and knowledge of German subs large and small, I look
forward to his opinion.

Now, having said all that, when I was a teenager accompanying my older
brother to his flying lessons, there was a very real and pristine Me-109
two-seat trainer in the hangar of the our local grass-strip airfield.

Best,

Alec

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 2:16 PM, Emile van Essen via Personal_Submersibles <