[PSUBS-MAILIST] Lights

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed May 7 20:01:32 EDT 2014

Scott,
I bought this 12v underwater floodlight from deal extreme, for the purpose of using
the housing & modifying it.
You could replace the glass lens with acrylic, & machine an o ring groove.
The back section unscrews & you may get away with just putting an oring in there.
The cable gland could be replaced with a blue globe cable gland if they have one
that fits a 12mm hole.
This model is substantially thick, unlike a similar one I bought.
If you go on site & search under "12v flood light" you come up with lots of promising
options. It is a bit hit & miss though. There are some options with lens clamping
rings that bolt down, that would give the option of putting in longer bolts & a thicker
lense.
Hey if you order a bunch of them & they don't work out, you could sell them in your stores!
Alan

IP67 Waterproof 10W 700lm 6500K White Light LED Spotlight / Underwater Lamp - Silver

   IP67 Waterproof 10W 700lm 6500K White Light LED Spo...
I like this from DX. Find the cool gadgets at a incredibly low price with worldwide free shipping here.
View on www.dx.com Preview by Yahoo