[PSUBS-MAILIST] PC-12

via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri May 9 18:09:36 EDT 2014

I didn't do little red suits. I did inside conning towers in flannel shirts. And you are right. The sub is still dry. The only splash is just at the tail end of the starboard battery pod. Notice that the main port has a secondary shield port over it. Most of the Perrys operating today and the three Hyco boats with big ports never use the secondary shield. Hyco never did, and the assorted re-builders never bothered. It was free-flooding but with restricted flow to protect the main port. And it would take a whale of a bump without breaking, which always seemed like a good idea to me.

Vance