[PSUBS-MAILIST] Trustworthy Problems

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed May 14 14:52:34 EDT 2014

Scott,
I use 1 gauge welding cable, saves power, no point burning amps to make heat.  Also I never worry about it.
On Wed, 5/14/14, via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Trustworthy Problems
 To: "psubs" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>

 Hey
 guys,

 I diagnosed the problems with the main motor and the
 sonar. I will have them fixed by the time we leave for
 Summersville Lake. For the main motor the wires had gotten
 hot and fused together and shorted out. Somehow my 36 Volt
 wire calculation was off a little because it took a mile of
 continuous run to get them this hot. I am switching them out
 for 6 gauge instead of the 8 gauge I had. The sonar I
 finally got. It has a 5 pin plug, but 7 wires. I finally
 figured out the ones twisted together do not go together,
 but are simply extras that the manufacturer didn't use.
 I should of figured this out sooner, but on well. Seems like
 everything is working well now. I am also hoping to have the
 compass/attitude indicator installed by then too.

 Thanks,
 Scott Waters

 -----Inline Attachment Follows-----