[PSUBS-MAILIST] Gamma needs a diet

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu May 15 20:51:07 EDT 2014

Alan,
That would work but I want to keep the sub clean on the outside.  Gamma is very slippery the way it is.  I am confident I can shed the weight.  I have been weighing all the bits and it looks doable.  I am also looking at a winter project for Gamma.  I would like to have the arm, and valve and a couple of positioning  thrusters on a common chassis, like the DW's.  I could reduce the weight of the lead drop weight because the entire assembly would be the drop weight.  That also solves the weight problem from the batteries.  I would use the original drop weight screw to drop the new assembly.