[PSUBS-MAILIST] Commercial question

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed May 21 06:21:13 EDT 2014

Thanks Phil,
you've blown the 1 hp per ton bench mark out of the water.
I'm looking at Lithium for my upcoming sub & was Googling what they are using in the electric car market.
The Nissan Leaf has passed the 100,000 sales mark World wide. They must have a pretty reliable battery & bms.
http://www.nissan.co.nz/zero-emission-electric/leaf/?gclid=CjgKEAjwnfGbBRDlxoHrl6uikyESJAD-nzCFABiHrB9yij8WKP7HR9RfEh8UNyYdaOWHnHco4YkdW_D_BwE

Surely the price will be coming down. It costs 19,392 British pounds to replace it's 24kw battery pack.
Incidentally the batteries are made in Tennesse.
http://blip.tv/motomantv/nissan-leaf-us-battery-factory-6598011

Alan