[PSUBS-MAILIST] Summersville Lake dive report (Trustworthy)

swaters via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed May 21 20:13:11 EDT 2014

We just got back from Summersville Lake, WV. After a 15 hour drive we took Trustworthy out along with snoopy. The water ended up being very low visability but we still got in some good diving. We did the depth test with Trustworthy and the results were inconclusive. I forgot to attach a depth gauge or a camera focused on the depth gauge so we don't know how deep it went. My best guess is it went somewhere between 150 feet and 230 feet. We had about a cup of water that leaked from the VBT rotating thru hull which triggered the water sensor and sent Trustworthy to the top a little early. This is due to a ripped O ring that needs replaced by a better quality one and will be a easy fix. We will be looking to find a lake with 450' depth to do a full test still this summer. The real value to this trip was learning about some new improvements that can be done. I will be putting my new sub idea on the back burner and focus on stripping down Trustworthy this winter and making some really cool modifications. I will post my modification list soon along with reasons for the change.
Thanks,
Scott Waters

Sent from my U.S. Cellular© Smartphone