[PSUBS-MAILIST] Humminbird 360

swaters via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu May 22 17:21:22 EDT 2014

It does. The GPS communicates with computer annd so does the sonar. This allows you to select something you want to mark a waypoint on and the GPS logs it. That way you can go back to that sonar waypoint via GPS. The 898c that I have works the same. When you go down, there is a little icon that pops up that means GPS signal lost.
I wish the 360 unit was oil compensated. That would make my sonar so much more effective being both side scan and forward looking.
Thanks,
Scott Waters

Sent from my U.S. Cellular© SmartphoneEmile van Essen via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:Scott, I use the 797c si  (compact and cheap)  that works also withoud GPS.
I meand that the 360 may not produce sonar image without GPS.

Emile