[PSUBS-MAILIST] Manipulator arm

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu May 29 21:22:00 EDT 2014

All,
Hydrolek sells the rototating mechanism separately,
which is in this case a rack & pinion unit. There's probably costs a bomb but
there are a lot on the net to choose from.
http://www.hydro-lek.com/datasheets/Rotary_Actuators/HLK-2260.pdf#view=FitH

A smaller unit than this may be the answer. There would be very little load while
rotating. It would just need to hold it's position.
I might have posted this before, but here is a gripper design from my archives.
Manipulator | Aquaticus

Gosh, we are nearly there.
Alan

   Manipulator | Aquaticus
The open/close manipulator is useful tool to retrieve small objects or attach a line to objects located underwater. The jaws of are driven by the electr...
View on aquaticus.info Preview by Yahoo