[PSUBS-MAILIST] air filter?

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Nov 8 18:51:45 EST 2014

Alec,
Is Snoopy's scrubber open at the end opposite the fan or does the air escape around the entire perimeter.
Hank--------------------------------------------
On Sat, 11/8/14, Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] air filter?
 To: "Personal Submersibles General Discussion" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>

 Hi
 Roberto,
 Snoopy uses a
 scrubber made from what I think you are referring to. It is
 an odor reducing scrubber for building ventilation, although
 modified to hold much finer material and of course with the
 addition of a fan. I have a project page for the scrubbers
 that are going into the new sub, which are 3D printed. But
 the first photo is of Snoopy's scrubber.
 http://www.psubs.org/projects/1234567810/printedscrubber/

 Best,
 Alec

 On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 8:23
 AM, hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
 wrote:

 Hi

 Go to psubs.org and then design tools
 then life support and you can read all about CO2
 scrubbers.  You can also buy one from airsearch (Emile)  I
 am not sure about the filter you mention but I can say that
 the blower you mention will be very loud inside your
 submarine.  I have a boat blower in my sub for cooling and
 venting when I am at the surface.  The blower works great
 but is real noisy, so it is okay for short periods of
 time.

 On Sat, 11/8/14, roberto alvarez via Personal_Submersibles