[PSUBS-MAILIST] introduction,my self

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Nov 8 22:09:46 EST 2014

Hi Roberto,

I really like your motivation! The project sounds a lot like the old
Galeazzi observation chamber. Here is a photo:
http://www.divingmuseum.org/wp-content/gallery/exhibits/picture-019.jpg

The one thing I would point out is that your visibility of the bottom,
through the dome, will be very limited. A K-250 style dome has good optics
looking through the apex (i.e. straight up at the surface) but really bad
visibility when looking sideways out of the edge. I suspect it is because
these are blown domes and therefore not of constant thickness. But the
bottom line is horizontal visibility through a K250 dome is terrible and if
you can, I would urge you to consider flat viewports instead.

If going to all the trouble of building this, it would seem you are only a
few steps away from making it into a complete K250.

Best,

Alec

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 9:52 PM, roberto alvarez via Personal_Submersibles <