[PSUBS-MAILIST] arduino or microchip?

roberto alvarez via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Nov 14 12:17:12 EST 2014

Good Morning, first i am not an electronics master, was working on the co2
scrubers , then  my imagination again move ahead of my hands and make me
thik that the scruber must be inteligent,  based on the parameters
cabin pressure,CO2 , O2 concentration and temperature,  i think that will
be helpfull a device for monitor this conditions, found a programable board
with the optional  sensors, the UNO ( 4 dlls on ebay ) the barometric
pressure sensor ( 2 dlls on ebay )  the carbon monoxide sensor ( 4 dlls) ,
tilt sensors (1.75 usd) and many other sensors
with this info, this boar will check cabin pressure and co2 %, the boar can
activate a relay to let oxigen enter and keep a safe enviroment
also the tilt sensors can help me to control position in low visibility
conditions, may be will need 3 boards and several sensors that will let me
have an auxiliar control system

Another system that i need develop  or know if can be develop or find is a
neutral bouyancy , based in flow of water on the vertical axle, this black
box ( because i dont know what will have inside )  will control valves on
the variable ballast system
just my ideas, if this is for sale some were ,please tell me to consider
with the arduino a complet system looks to be below 100 usd as will be
common sensors ans actuators ( relays )
i draw a system using just relays and mercury switches ( the ones that stop
the outboard when tilt,or on the ac thermosthats )  buw will take a big
space and many meters of wire, will be a heat source , a single boar can
solve this, buti need your comments, thanks