[PSUBS-MAILIST] bow window

Sean T. Stevrnson via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Nov 15 16:04:10 EST 2014

The calculation shown is using the section of the ABS rules that deals specifically with spherical shell hull components. The usage factor eta is specified by ABS as 0.67 for this calculation, which means the maximum allowable working pressure (maximum possible test depth) would be 0.67 of the critical pressure (predicted failure or crush depth). Safety factors over and above this (operating depth or actual test depth vs. maximum allowable) are left to the designer's discretion.

In which section is that temperature dependence discussed?

Sean