[PSUBS-MAILIST] RESPONSE TO EBAY SEAL

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Nov 16 17:17:14 EST 2014

Roberto,
I would use a regular water pump seal because the performance is well established.  My submarine Had a Chesterton 891-8 mechanical seal and was ABS certified to 1,000 feet.  Go with proven parts.  I thought the K250 has a rear motor pod with a spring loaded mechanical seal.  You don't need a pressure tank.  Build the system so you can cap the propeller shaft tube and pressurise it. If you look at my project page, Gamma Restoration, you can see how I pressure test the seal assembly. You can also see the 155 seal, I have since upgraded to a magnetic coupler.