[PSUBS-MAILIST] cue ball arm

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Nov 29 13:51:57 EST 2014

Alan,
Have a look at my cue ball arm assembly at Gamma restoration.  I repaired the original seat for the cue ball.  After Hugh said to forget about making a curved seat, I realized I could make my own seat on a 45 degree angle.  I made the second half of the assembly with a home made plastic seat machined from ABS.  I installed it in Gamma and it turns smooth as glass and has the original amount of range.  With home made plastic seats, it is a breeze to make this because the o-ring still does the sealing.
Now I just need the plans and my new cue ball to finish the arm.
Vance,
I was thinking about mounting an air cylinder horizontal inside the sub to pull on the block and tackle cable.  The deeper I go the more air pressure I add, it will be like an adjustable spring.