[PSUBS-MAILIST] cue ball arm

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Nov 29 14:53:31 EST 2014

Alan,
The name cue ball arm is misleading a bit.  The arm uses a snooker ball regulation size 2 1/8 +- .oo5 in.  I see no need to improve the outer seat, it has only one purpose, that is to keep the ball in place.  The ball cracked when I drilled it because I was not experienced in machining this material.  I have since machined a perfect hole with o-ring groove.  The trick is to increase the drill size very gradually until a cutter fits in the hole.  If it cracked while in plase it would be pushed together tight by the shape of the seat.