[PSUBS-MAILIST] bilge pump

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Oct 5 18:31:32 EDT 2014

Sending this one again as I didn't recieve it.Hank,glad you posted, I thought I wasn't getting any mail.From memory G.L. require a bilge pump with an ability to pump outall spaces in the sub.I don't think they require high pressure pumps for pumping out at depth as they talk about allowing an interconectability between the bilge pump &trim tank system. So this implies you can have one pump for the trim tanks & a valve system from it to pump out the bilge.I would guess you would need a one way valve & a stop valve on the through hull.If you had large enough trim tanks you could use them as a ballast tank as well.Alan