[PSUBS-MAILIST] bellows add

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Oct 6 18:19:48 EDT 2014

I agree Hank,I think you should email Phil & warn him:)I have thought that if there was an air leak in to the cabin the bellows add systemwould stop adding O2. They have a manual system integrated into the bellows addunit & a continual feed of O2 regardless of the belows. They would have O2 monitorswith set point alarms if the O2 % was too high or low but how they would address analarm issue I don't know.I like Cliff's method of having a set volume flowing in (as per DW) & O2 addition generatedby O2 measurements opening an O2 solenoid valve via a PLC. This is similar to arebreather & James Cameron's system on the Deepsea Challenger.Don't get me going on the coffee issue. I buy green beans & roast them. Would growthem if we had the climate. My side of Auckland had power. Hugh lives on the Dark side.Alan