[PSUBS-MAILIST] bellows add

Hugh Fulton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Oct 6 18:59:56 EDT 2014

A point that I have been pondering is that DW's pull a vacuum and I plan to
pull a vacuum as is also possible with any other system.  My question is in
the event of an emergency where the Sub is on the surface or brought to the
surface with an unconscious bod inside and a vacuum, then what methods are
available to get air back inside to allow surface support to get the hatch
to open.  With a vacuum then it would be almost impossible to open the hatch
against the vacuum.  Positive pressure is not a problem as a relief valve
will compensate automatically.  If the relief valve is easily accessible
then it can be unscrewed.  What others are being used?   Hugh