[PSUBS-MAILIST] Electrical thru-hull

via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Oct 8 16:46:31 EDT 2014

Fellow PSUBERS,

I haven't posted really anything in the past and I don't have a project page with photos (I will work on getting my project on the site this week!) but have a question for everyone out there.  I am building a K boat.  I have the structure about 95% complete.  When I welded in my Electrical Thru-hull, they must have shrunk just a touch.  The penetrator won't slide through the fitting that I made.  The machinist that made most of my parts said that it would be better to hone them out than to take any material off the penetrator.  So I bought a honing tool and after several hours working on the first one, I have made zero progress! Has anyone else encountered this in the past and does anyone have any ideas?  Am I making any sense?

Thanks!!

Bob