[PSUBS-MAILIST] Electrical thru-hull

Hugh Fulton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Oct 8 17:28:40 EDT 2014

Hi Bob,

You need a hand reamer but you also need a bit of experience to use them as they are easy to make marks in the bore.  Does the penetrator need to have a seal on the bore? Forget honing unless you have some knowledge on this as well.  Honing is for very small metal removal or for surface finish.  Very easy to get an hourglass effect or barreling.

What diameter and what length is the through hole?  Have you measured the amount it has shrunk.  What are you measuring with?

Hugh