[PSUBS-MAILIST] annealling

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Oct 16 20:02:39 EDT 2014

Brian,
Is the port irregular in thickness after annealing.
Hank--------------------------------------------
On Thu, 10/16/14, Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] annealling
 To: "Personal Submersibles General Discussion" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>

 Hi
 Sean,                  The disk
 diameters shrink by .120 "  ( for a 6" dia disk)
 - 2%  and the thickness increases slightly, that is in
 agreement with info from Stachiw ( Handbook of Acrylics)
 .  But I noticed some slight variation of the
 material before the annealing process.  There is no
 distortion or anything like that .  I guess the slight
 variation of 20 thousandths will be inconsequential once the
 gaskets and squeezed on with the retaining
 ring. Brian