[PSUBS-MAILIST] machining q ball

Emile van Essen via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Oct 17 16:47:04 EDT 2014

Hank,

It seems you did it right but the material is too brittle. Soft plastics
wont work for a Q ball..

A sharp or new drill would help.

Emile

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Personal_Submersibles [mailto:personal_submersibles-bounces at psubs.org]
Namens hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles
Verzonden: vrijdag 17 oktober 2014 22:37
Aan: personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Onderwerp: [PSUBS-MAILIST] machining q ball

help!
I tried to machine a q ball today as an experiment before the proper one
arrives.  I put tape around it and put it in a 3 jaw chuck and while
drilling the hole through it cracked.  Do I need to make a fixture to hold
the q ball steady maybe?  I made a home made o-ring groove cutter and that
worked perfect.  The q ball is very brittle, but machines very nice.  Any
ideas would be appreciated.