[PSUBS-MAILIST] machining q ball

Jim Rudholm via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Oct 17 18:15:04 EDT 2014

I use billard balls for handles on my lathe fixtures. Try a PVC water pipe
cap mounted in the 3-jaw and machine the inside for a snug fit. Then
tighten a little more. Also add coolant and dress down the drill's cutting
edges with a hand diamond hone to a very narrow flat. This gives more of a
scraping action, works for brass and bronze, too. For handles, its a blind
hole for a 1/2-13 thread.
JimR

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 3:00 PM, hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <