[PSUBS-MAILIST] cart last days

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Oct 28 08:31:11 EDT 2014

Tim,
You bet, my cart will float with 4 inches free board when ballasted down, and 20 inches free board when ballasted up.
I like your idea for trailer drop off protection.  You could also consider an idler wheel ahead of the front wheel.
I agree tacks would be soooo cool but not practical because of the weight.  I am using my original mobile home wheels with new centers welded in to match the GM bolt pattern.   A set of tracks would weigh 1,100 lbs also the power needed to steer rubber tracks on concrete or pavement is huge compared to rubber tires.   The first time I get stuck though,  I may change my mind.
Hank