[PSUBS-MAILIST] Trailer Wars Part 2: K-250 Trailer Extension Testing Report

Steve McQueen via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Oct 30 14:47:17 EDT 2014

All, to follow up my last trailer posting.

I recently did some limited field testing of my trailer extension system.
This resulted in observations/modifications that I documented under:

 Projects/Other/K-250 Trlr Extension Testing.  (lots of photos)

Designing a truck/trailer based deployment/recovery system that will get
you in/out of the water most of the time is challenging.  My system is a
basic starting point that I hope will get get me in most "reasonable" ramp
scenarios. The main focus was getting into deep enough water but the
ability of the system to not drag/catch on the ramp variances is just as
important. My solution is mostly untested.

I also got a good trailer weight (1130 lbs) and now know I will be adding a
surge braking system. I am choosing surge over electrical because the surge
system does not require additional "off trailer" components and will
function with any towing vehicle.

Steve