[PSUBS-MAILIST] dive plane

via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Sep 1 22:04:12 EDT 2014

Hank,

The Delta dive plane was moved up for three reasons. 1-to keep it from getting beat up on the surface, 2-to get it out of the pilot's line of sight, and 3-to have more room and make it bigger. It definitely works better.

As a side note, the control lever/penetration arrangement is exactly the same on Delta, with the only real difference being the angle of attack and the upward swept extension rod to the dive plane lever. It's a fix you could do, and might save you having to fool around with thrusters.

Then again, if you are going to be messing around with wrecks...well, fine adjustments at slow and no speed are a  very good thing in my experience.

Vance