[PSUBS-MAILIST] Conning tower

Tue Sep 23 08:16:26 EDT 2014

Hi Brian,
Whats the end cap for on top?  Is that just to hold the shape while you
weld?  Or is it permenant?

When I did mine, which is about the same dimensions as yours, I made a
circular disk from 6mm plate and welded it into the bottom of the tower.
Then I could roll it around for easier positions.  I cut the plate out
later on.  I also made some flat disks from thick gauge steel and cramped
them to each viewport, to soak up some of the heat.  Then I had loads of
cups of tea in between runs.  No distortion.
Regards
James

On 22 September 2014 06:55, Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles <