[PSUBS-MAILIST] launch cart redesign

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Sep 28 09:33:01 EDT 2014

I am back to my launch cart because lake levels are dropping.  I am making big design changes to make it more user friendly and to allow super shallow launches.  First I am changing the axel arrangement so the cart steers. The biggest change is ballast tanks.  I am adding two ballast tanks above the wheels.  The idea is to back the cart and sub into the water with ballast tanks full of air.  The cart and sub should float away in 36 inches of water, or less. Once the sub and cart have floated into deeper water, I simply open two valves to let air out of the cart ballast tanks until the sub is free to float away.  I simply throw an anchor out to keep the cart in that spot until I return.  When I return the cart will be pointing up wind making it easy to drive into.  I raise the cart with air and use the sub to drive it to shore or boat ramp.

I am not working on my support boat because I have no support,lol.  There is no need for a large boat because I am a one man sub operation.  Gamma has such good range on the surface, I can simply cruise on the surface to my dive sites.