[PSUBS-MAILIST] minn-kota cabling to hull

Emile van Essen via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Apr 20 03:29:35 EDT 2015

Jon,

Potting is okay but I switched to a pressure proof Delrin/ POM isolator.
Brass contacts are pressed in a Delrin bushing. On the outside sealed with a
0-ring. See attachment Main advantage is that it is dismountable.
BTW. I used the Rhino as they have a all metal construction

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Personal_Submersibles [mailto:personal_submersibles-bounces at psubs.org]
Namens Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles
Verzonden: donderdag 16 april 2015 14:07
Aan: Personal Submersibles General Discussion
Onderwerp: [PSUBS-MAILIST] minn-kota cabling to hull

I think Emile had details of potting the minn-kota.  Anyone know where
this might be located?

Anyone waterproofing their cabling by oil-compensation through a poly
tube?  If I remember correctly, Aquarius uses this method for the
electrical wires to the lights and vacuum.

Jon