[PSUBS-MAILIST] BQR-2 transducer stave

Gregory Cotton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Apr 28 01:04:29 EDT 2015

I was a submarine sonar tech back in 1966-69 on diesel boats. The BQR-2b
had, if I remember correctly, 126 of those transducers in a circular array.
Each one had a tube preamp and then fed through mechanical contacts to the
amplifiers. The mechanical switching allowed you to listen in any direction
and also allowed the boat to maneuver while you were listening in a given
direction.

They should be a great transducer for passive and if you put one on each
side of the hull you should be able to listen with some directionality with
separate amps and one to each ear.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 10:22 PM, Jim Rudholm via Personal_Submersibles <