[PSUBS-MAILIST] Flux Gate Compass

David Colombo via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Aug 6 01:49:10 EDT 2015

Hi Guys, I just picked up a flux gate compass,by Micronta (Radio shack)
which comes with about a 9" long pig tail from the sensor to the unit
itself. I think it could work quite nicely if I can extend the length of
wire from sensor to the display. Any thoughts about  this. The sensor is
about 1" cubed and has a lead with six wires into the display. Its a 12v
unit and the power input is on the display itself. So before I tear it
apart, I thought I would put it out there on the possibility and how to
determine the appropriate wire gauge size. I will want to extend the
pigtail to around 10 feet.

Best Regards,
David Colombo

804 College Ave