[PSUBS-MAILIST] Heating elements

Lasse Schmidt via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Aug 6 16:01:55 EDT 2015

Sean,

I am trying to battle the moist from two fronts. The first is to keep the all the electronics heated pretty much all the time, even when I´m not using the sub and it is docked. The other is to install some kind of dehumidifier into the cabin that will run when the sub is not used. Kitty Litter is a good idea but I need something cleaner and easier to handle.

Regarding the discussion about the compass issue, I´m using a fluxgate mounted about a meter over the hatch and an electric aviation heading gyro. The fluxgate is very sensitive to magnetic underwater rocks so it can not be trusted for longer navigations.

Lasse