[PSUBS-MAILIST] Relays

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Aug 10 09:01:28 EDT 2015

Hehe, this time I'm actually innocent. In the really old videos Snoopy was
running directly on switches. I had two switches on each side thruster
handle, one for on-off and the other for forward-reverse. Because my
thrusters are small, I found I could get switches with sufficient current
capacity they didn't even need relays. They were very solid switches that
produced a massive CLACK sound. In the last video (Seneca) the clanking
would be constant re-adjustments of the index plates on the side thrusters,
which have a spring plunger to do the clanking. I don't normally have to
keep readjusting those index plates, but was working much harder than usual
due to the stern speed controller being out of commission.

On the next sub I'll use speed controllers, but also bring back switches
and relays as a built-in backup for when the speed controllers fail.

Best,

Alec

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 5:00 AM, James Frankland via Personal_Submersibles <