[PSUBS-MAILIST] Environment and Control software

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Aug 10 12:19:30 EDT 2015

Jon, your first pass at HMI for your boat looks good.  I like the overall
layout and data seems to be presented in logical and straightforward
manner.  I think it would easy for someone other than yourself to get the
state of the boat from this HMI.

On your DIVE panel, I would add a couple of items.  The first is the
battery SOC and air SOF(state of Fill, 0-100%). These are key items for the
home screen.  Also, I would add a proximity switch on hatch so that the
hatch state is shown.  This can also be used to lockout diving the boat
unless the hatch switch is closed.  Also I would add Altitude.  Airmar has
a sensor called the DST800 that gives boat speed, depth (altitude) and
water temperature.   Signals comes in as a RS-232 ASCII string that you
parse.  On the NAV screen, I would include depth and altitude.  On HIST
screen, rather than looking at min and max on key variable's, I would
recommend that up set up data logging and log all ship systems say every
minute.  Most PLCs and associated HMIs have data logging capabilities.
This allows you to download all sensor measurements and switch states as a
function of time.  This is useful to analyze how the boat performed after
the dive and also serves a Black Box for the sub.   I did not see any alarm
database.  Need to be able to see and hear and audible alarms an such items
as low air pressure, O2 and CO2 out of range ...

Best regards

Cliff

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 8:28 AM, Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles <