[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw:

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Aug 20 12:19:42 EDT 2015

Dan,I did as you said, except it ended up being 11\16   to add stress I put a 3\4 round bar on top of the jack to localize the pressure right into the weld.  I had a larger opening to fill so this sample has three passes.  I could not fill it in two passes as usual and maintain proper speed.I am in no way suggesting that mig welds are better or even as good as stick welds.   I am just more comfortable with my abilities to go mig at .375 thickness.