[PSUBS-MAILIST] ballast idea

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Aug 24 21:12:46 EDT 2015

When I dive with a passenger  the sub is more difficult to control. I don't bother with fine weight adjustments.  If Gamma is 50 lb over weight, I don't worry about it.  I just add air to the ballast faster than normal.  When training my kids, it is tricky for them.  I have a solution, maybe.  I am thinking about having an external scuba first and second stage regulator connected to each ballast tank.   As soon as the hatch is under, send air to the first stage regulator, then use thrusters to sink.  Or, start sinking slowly then send air to the regulator to maintain sink speed.  Might be fun to play with.Hank