[PSUBS-MAILIST] LED

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Aug 27 14:48:34 EDT 2015

My 24,000 L light bar is still working great  providing amazing light.  However, after each dive I have to drain water out, well, lately every couple of dives.   I found the culprit a while back, it lets water in the power cord.  There is oil escaping between the two power wires within the cable.  A while back I shrink tubed the cable to the penetrator pig tail.  The shrink tube was crappy and failed.  Today I replaced the shrink tube with better quality shrink tube.  If it still lets oil out, I will have to make a housing either big enough for the entire light fixture or just the guts of this light.  I can't imagine not having this light, I may even install two more, one on each side.Hank