[PSUBS-MAILIST] SPHERICAL PENTAGON

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Dec 14 02:30:31 EST 2015

How thick is the sphere going to be?Do you have the book by Jerry Stachiw on Acrylic?I wonder if Emile (Netherlands) can press 2 hemispheresthat big?I think it would be quite difficult to do. Maybe you would have to find an ovento fit the sphere in to anneal it after gluing.I spoke with Guy Richards the commercial director of Blanson, & he told methat gluing thick sectioned acrylic was quite an art. They made & joinedthe 2 x 4" thick hemispheres on the Triton 3000 sub.Cheers Alan