[PSUBS-MAILIST] bouyancy

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Dec 19 16:14:40 EST 2015

Well I am officially going with natural gas tanks for buoyancy.  I just bought 18 tanks in Salt Lake City,  7 of the tanks are the type that are carbon fibre and light.  4 of the tanks are new.  I got such a deal, the auction was unreserved or buy it now for 11,000 US   I made a bid and nobody bid against me so I got them for 99 cents :-)  the four new tanks are worth 10K alone :-) :-)   Now it is a 13 hr drive to go get them.    I intend on adding one tank more than it needs and compensating with extra weight.  This way I can afford to loose one tanks to failure and still surface by dropping the chassis.  The occupant sphere will separate like the DW's and Alvin. Hank