[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw: hatch

swaters@waters-ks.com via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Dec 29 13:53:55 EST 2015

Very cool Hank! -Scott Waters

Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
Date: 12/29/2015  11:26 AM  (GMT-06:00)
To: Personal Submersibles General Discussion <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw: hatch

Here is the efforts of the xmas holliday.  This is the hatch for my deep diver, the shell  is 15\16 thick  and the ring is 2 inches thick.  I machined a notch for the shell to sit on and then welded it in place.  I then machined the weld down to make it nice and even and it looks better than grinding.  The hatch weighs quite a bit, I am guessing 100 lbs.  I had the land ring machined and then cut the hole in the hull to big,  :-(  so I am having a new ring water jet cut.  I made a real nice rig to hold the torch with bearings and tilt feature.  I had the angle wrong, so the hole ended up 3\8 to big.Hank